Do I lie about my age … no way! Or Not Yet!
I woke up this morning … and on the right side of 50. Feeling the same .. looking the same … still raring to go … grateful and content … but 50 is a MILESTONE Birthday…
So as I started to think about what this MILESTONE means .. many questions and thoughts came to my mind:
- Is 50 the new “middle age”… Are 50’s are the new 40’s .. so am I supposed to feel like 40 all over again?
- Average Life Expectancy = 80 … so 60% of my life over. .. or will I live till 80 or 90?
- Retirement Age = 67 .. so that means I have 17 more years to work .. or hopefully I will never have to retire?
HMMMM…. OK, here is my GOOD, BAD and UGLY about turning 50 …
The Good: The Freedom
Remembering the 50 years that I have lived and the amazing memories to cherish.
- I still am charged up ready to go.
- I am sure of myself – both in body and mind and don’t apologize for my choices
- I am liberated as I have stopped worrying about non-essential things
- I love my family and friends .. and appreciate them so so much more
- Things are not very important anymore … experiences are what I value
The Bad: Remaining “YOUNG”
Being Relevant with technology/language and culture that is rapidly changing
- Maintaining good health to keep the engine running smoothly
- Thinking seriously about finances, insurances and retirement planning (not that I am planning to retire)
- Dealing with Losing loved ones
The Ugly: Understanding “TIME”
The ugly part of aging is a lot to do with the physicality
- Sagging skin and hair loss are a major concern
- The sober realization that I have a finite amount of time life … so time is of the essences
- Still a lot of things on my bucket list to complete
Turning 50 is all in the mind … 50’s are not the new 40’s .. but like all previous decades I am sure that the next ones will be equally exciting and adventurous! I always was and will always be #1 on my list .. so watchout 50’s … I am raring to take you on!